Following the Ohio governor’s statement, increased concern over the coronavirus worldwide, including confirmed cases in Ohio, Archbishop Schnurr has issued strict guidelines.
Here at Holy Trinity through the end of March we are instructed as follows:
1. Practice good hygiene.
2. Do not hold hands during the Our Father.
3. The Sign of Peace will be omitted.
4. The chalice will not be distributed.
5. Communion will not be distributed on the tongue.
6. All Catholics in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati are dispensed from their obligation to attend Sunday Mass until Palm Sunday, April 5th.
7. As is always the case, if you are sick or experiencing serious symptoms of sickness then you are not obliged to attend Mass. It is an act of charity, in fact, to stay home and not spread the sickness.
All scheduled Masses are still happening.